"The purpose of art is the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." Glenn Gould
Welcome to my somewhat curious website......
- Now in "retirement," I see my life has always been about art, and remains to be so.
- Teaching at Johns Hopkins University and Sonoma State University supported my art, yet teaching is in itself an art. Where else off the stage does one write, direct, and perform?
- Music began as a small child in ballet. Over time it segued into a cappella singing, cello, percussion, piano, opera chorus, jazz vocals, Bach chorus, flute, garage band, and 'ukulele. Now I write songs as well.
- Writing developed through editing text books and scholarly journals. Next came academic books and articles, primarily on the theme of inequality. Eventually I published biographies featuring prominent women over several generations of family life. Oh, and don't forget Jack London!
- Volunteering now incorporates all of these art forms, along with management of several non-profit websites. I am so busy I haven't had time to redo my own. Thank you Weebly for providing a quick solution!